Demolition Derby Rules
Contact and Class Info in non-PDF format:
Saturday, May 18th at 6:00pm
Gates open at 8:00 am. Registration closes at 11:00am
For questions on rules :
James Morris @ 803-468-3233 or 803-481-0050
or email email@example.com
Classes and Payouts
30 spots per Class ONLY!!
Class 1: 4 cyl compact 1st – $3,000*, 2nd – $500, 3rd – $250, 4th – $200, 5th – $150
Class 2: 6 cyl compact 1st – $3,000*, 2nd – $500, 3rd – $250, 4th – $200, 5th – $150
**This payout based on 30 car (limit) per class
Safety and Car Specifications
- Positively no Chrysler Imperials with full frames. Jeeps, trucks, ambulances, 4-wheel drive vehicles, limos, compact cars, or 1974-1976 full sized leaf spring wagons. Vehicle much have a 122-inch wheel base or less.
- Any America made hard top automobile
- SEAT-BELTS AND SAFETY HELMETS are required. Face shield or goggles recommended.
- Rear seat must be removed completely, as well as, the carpet, inner door panels and head liner. Loose dirt and pieces must be removed from car.
- NO MORE THAN 3 GALLONS OF GAS RECOMMENDED. GAS TANK MUST BE MOVED FROM ORIGINAL LOCATION. GAS TANK MUST BE MOUNTED IN FRONT OF REAR AXLE. NO GAS TANKS MOUNTED DIRECTLY BEHIND DRIVER’S seat. LEAK PROOF. NO PLASTIC TANKS OF ANY KIND ACCEPTED, Covered with steel on four sides and top, ok. NO WIRE PROP OR SEAT-BELT STRAPS ACCEPTED AS TIE DOWNS. IF GAS IS ACCIDENTALLY SPILLED DURING TANK FILL UP, HOSE OUT AREA WELL. GAS ONLY!
- No special bumpers or reinforcements will be allowed. Bumpers may be cut. No sharp edges allowed. No welding shocks.
- All glass including headlights and tail lights must be removed. WINDSHIELD MAY REMAIN IN OR BE TAKEN OUT, IF TAKEN OUT, HEAVY SCREEN MUST BE IN FRONT OF THE DRIVER.
- DRIVER’S DOOR AND ONLY DRIVER’S DOOR MAY BE REINFORCED.
- No special electrical system; only 12-volt battery to a car. Batteries may be moved. BATTERY TIE DOWNS MUST BE SECURED. No wire, tape or seatbelt strapping.
- All side chrome must be removed. All plastic including plastic grills must be removed.
- All cars must be numbered on the side and roof – numbers will be assigned upon registration approval- numbers must be painted on the car.
- Do not paint obscene words on your car.
- ALL DOORS MUST BE WIRED, STRAPPED, CHAINED OR NO MORE THAN TWO THREE INCH WELDS PER DOOR.
- HOOD MUST BE ON CARS. HOOD HINGES MUST BE ON CAR. HOOD AND TRUNK SPRINGS MUST BE REMOVED.
- AT LEAST ONE AND NO MORE THAN FOUR tie downs for all hoods and truck lids. Trunk lids may be tied down with straps or chains.
- All trailer hitches must be removed.
- All air conditioning units must be removed.
- Cooling system must remain under the hood. NO ANTIFREEZE!
- POSITIVELY NO WATER IN TIRES – NO BOLTING TIRES TO RIM OR FASTENING TIRES TO RIMS IN ANYWAY. TIRES MUST BE STREET LEGAL (NO STUDS OR CUT TIRES). ALL LUG NUTS WILL BE ON.
- Do not raise car up. If car is too high, it will not be accepted.
- SAME CAR THAT YOU USE IN THE HEAT YOU MUST USE IN The FEATURE.
- MAKE OF ENGINE MUST MATCH CAR. EXAMPLE: GM-GM, FORD-FORD, MOPAR-MOPAR.
- All airbags and chargers must be removed.
- All drivers must wear a neck collar, pants and NO SHORTS.
- All drivers must wear top of driver’s suit or a long sleeve shirt (ex. Sweatshirt, flannel shirt, etc. No one under 16 years of age is permitted in the pit area.
- You may drive forwards and backwards. No deliberate Hitting on the driver’s door. Any driver not obeying the rules will be disqualified. No excessive body bending, especially in trunk area & no welding.
- One bar behind the driver seat from door post to door post, no higher than ¾ up back of the seat. Max diameter is 3”. It must be welded and it must have 4”x4” plate on each end.
- Bumper shocks may be welded. Bumper bracket may be welded but must be in the stock location with no reinforcements, no plates or gussets.
- A hole cut in the hood that measures at least 12” in diameter above the carburetor (intake) is required.
- No deliberate hitting the driver’s door. Doing so will result in disqualification.
Rules and Regulations:
The rules and regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of competition events and to establish Minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the conditions of all events and by participating in these Events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules.
NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANT OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS.
They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. The event director shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements.
NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANT OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OR SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials.
Demolition Derby Rules:
The demolition derby is designed and promoted as an unusual spectator attraction, and in the interest of safety, anyone entering is subject to the following rules and regulations that are hereby set forth by the track.
A. All drivers must fill out an entry form and a release form before taking part in an event. Forms
will be filled out at the speedway on event day.
B. No driver or pit crew member may use alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs/substances prior to
or during the event. If alcohol consumption or illegal drugs/substance use is observed,
disqualification and escort off track premises will occur. DRIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
ACTIONS OF THEIR CREWS.
C. Verbal or physical abuse toward any participant or track official will result in automatic
D. All derby cars will be inspected.
E. Car numbers must be on car
- Drivers must be at least 16 years old to participate.
- Entry fee is 100 per car and driver must buy a pit pass.
- Mandatory driver’s meeting must be attended by all drivers.
- Driver’s License or Photo ID is required at registration.
When you bring your car to the track, it will be inspected for all items on the Safety and Car
Specification List and general workmanship in preparing the car. When the car is accepted for
competition, it will be assigned to a heat event and will be assigned to an area in the pits.
INJURIES, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, MUST BE IMMEDIATELY REPORTED TO THE OFFICIAL IN CHARGE.
We do not anticipate any injures at all – BE SMART – Follow the rules.
DECISIONS MADE BY THE OFFICIALS ARE FINAL!